The Goals and Objectives
Mississippi Asphalt Pavement Association, Inc., is committed to the ongoing development and implementation of mutually beneficial programs for its membership through the following objectives:
- Quality Pavement is the pinnacle of Mississippi Asphalt Pavement Association
- Promotion of our product to the public and private sector with the full knowledge of the intrinsic advantages belonging to our product.
- Foster educational opportunities for Mississippi resident students of our Universities and Junior Colleges to provide an employee pool of professionals for the highway construction industry.
- Bring about cooperation and mutual confidence among members to continually elevate the status of the asphalt paving industry.
- Establish uniform standards of operation and practices.
- Encourage the timely construction, repair, and maintenance of Mississippi’s public, private, and commercial highways, roads and streets.
- Educate public officials, government agencies, and the general public on the advantages of quality hot-mix asphalt pavements.
- Provide ongoing education and training opportunities for members.
- Provide technical resources and support to assist member companies in attaining the highest health, safety, and environmental practices.
- Represent members’ viewpoints on environmental issues to appropriate agencies and the general public.
- Support the commission and use of research in all phases of the asphalt process in order to improve industry products and technologies.
- Provide informed and vigorous support of all sound legislative proposals affecting the asphalt industry.